|No bake Chocolate cake|
When I tasted it for the first time, I was fascinated by the fact that it has been prepared using marie biscuit. It tastes even better than chocolate cake and is definitely very easy and entertaining to prepare.
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law.. Neha Bhabi Ji. She is a pro, always enthusiast to cook amazingly delicious recipes for us. Its always a party-time to go to her place. At the same time, she's most humble to share all the recipes, tips n tricks with us.
As the title says this recipe doesn't need to be baked instead it requires refrigeration.
Semolina - 2 tbsp
Desiccated coconut - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1 tea cup (approx 150 ml)
Marie biscuit - 10
Aluminium Foil to wrap
- Heat a non-stick pan. Dry roast the semolina till it is golden-brown.
- Turn off the flame.
- Put desiccated coconut, Cocoa powder, sugar and milk. Mix.
- Start the flame and cook while stirring continuously till it becomes like a paste. It should not be too thick, otherwise all the moisture will evaporate and cake will taste dry. We need it to retain some milk because ultimately the biscuits will absorb this moisture and will become soft and cake-like. But at the same time, it should not be runny.
- Put off the flame. Let the prepared mixture get cool-down slightly.
- Now on a clean surface, place one marie bisuit, spread a layer of the prepared mixture over it, top it with another marie biscuit, again spread a layer of the prepared mixture over it. Go on till you pile up all the biscuits.
- Now cover all the sides of the log with the prepared mixture.
- Place it horizontally on the aluminium foil, handling the log very carefully or else everything will fall apart.
- Wrap it tightly into the aluminium foil from all the sides.
- Keep it in the refrigerator overnight or freeze it for two hours.
- Unwrap it and cut into diagonal slices (like we cut cucumbers for salad).
- Enticing and inviting Chocolate cake is ready to serve :)