tastes best when chilled!!
Preparation time : 15 min
Baking time : 30-45 min
Serves - 10 people
Maida - 2 cups
Condensed Milk - 1 tin
Mirinda/Fanta Cold drink - 180 ml
Butter (white) - 6 tbsp (or 90 gm)
Soda-bi-carb - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
1. Whisk condensed milk and butter together.
2. Add soda-bi-carb and baking powder to maida and sieve thrice.
3. Start with adding 2 tbsp of maida mixture into the condensed milk-butter mixture. Mix it thoroughly. Again add 2 tbsp of maida mixture. Mix. Keep on repeating the procedure till everything is completely mixed. When the batter gets thick while mixing, add cold drink too.
5. Pour the batter in a greased and dusted baking tin.
6. Bake it in a preheated oven for 35 min at 180 degree.
7. Check the cake by inserting a tooth-pick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, that means cake is done, If not, bake it for 10 min more.
Serving Suggestion : Top it with whipped cream and fresh orange segments (peeled and deseeded)
Variation : For Chocolate Cake - Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder to the maida mixture in step 2 and instead of mirinda/fanta use pepsi/coke.