Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Other uses of leftover Mango Pickle Masala

Once the Mango pickle is finished, I'm always left behind with a pot filled with very tasty, tangy  masala and oil which my instinct never allows me to throw away. So Dear, how to use it?? What can i do with it?? After giving alot of thought to it,  some ideas flashed into my mind. I now use my leftover pickle masala and oil using these ways.

1. If there's a thick layer of oil floating over and above the masala layer, then you can separate this oil from the masala into another bowl and use this oil to cook parathas. Trust me you will love the taste and flavour of these parathas.

2. For the masala, you can mix the masala into the stuffing of potato parathas. (Not to mention, reduce the proportion of other spices otherwise the stuffing will become over-spicy)

3. You can use it to make some instant pickles like chilli pickle, carrot pickle, cauliflower pickle. Slice your desired veggie into small pieces , let it dry completely (there should be no-sign of water) and then mix it into your leftover masala of pickle. Add some salt and you are done baby!!
Transfer it into a sterelised air-tight glass jar and keep it refrigerated. Tastes best after 2 days.

4. Mix some masala into your besan cheela's batter and enjoy tangy cheelas.

5. If at all you dont want to put any effort to make something specially to use it, then just add its 1/2 to 1 tsp to your daily lunch or dinner sabji.. so simple :D

How you use your masala, please mention. I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment