This cake is an all-time favorite dish for all the age groups. You can prepare it on any ocassion without giving any second thought.
Maida (all purpose flour) – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – 1 cup
Baking Powder – ½ tsp
Soda-bi-carb – ½ tsp
Honey – 2 tsp
Curd – 2 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Green color – 5-6 drops
Tutti - Frutti (red & green) – 2 tbsp
Whipped cream – 4 cups
Tutty – Fruity – 2 tbsp
Soaking Syrup ( 2 tsp powder sugar dissolved completely in 1/2 cup water)
- Mix and sieve the maida, soda bicarb, and baking powder thrice.
- In the big mixer jar, put butter, sugar and milk and pulse it for 20 seconds.
- Now add the sift flour to the mixer jar and pulse it for next 30 seconds. Using a Spatula try to reach the corners of the jar and release the dry flour (unmixed) sticking there.
- Add honey and curd, pulse for 5 seconds.
- Add essence and color, pulse again for 15 seconds.
- Add tutty-fruity and mix using spatula. Do not pulse this time.
- Grease and dust a microwave safe dish with 7" diameter.
- Pour batter in the dish.
- Microwave on 60% power for 10 min.
- Check if the cake is sooked completely by inserting a tooth-pick in the centre of the cake. If the tooth-pick comes out clean, it means cake is done. If not, then microwave for 1 minute more at 60% power. (Time varies from machine to machine)
- Allow to stand-by for 10 min.
- Unmold the cake sponge on a wire rack and leave it to cool down completely.
- Slice the cake sponge horizontally into 2 equal parts.
- Pour the half the soaking syrup on the bottom layer of the cake sponge.
- Spread 1 cup cream over it.
- Pour the remaining soaking syrup on the top layer of cake sponge and place it carefully on the other layer.
- Spread all the remaining cream on the sides and top of the cake sponge using a spatula.
- Be creative and use piping bag to decorate your cake with some nice design and at last sprinkle some tutty-fruity to add a pop of colour to the cake.
- Keep refrigerated till use.