|stuffed chili pickle|
This is one of the best pickle in my kitchen. This pickle goes with almost everything, be it pulav, biryani, stuff parathas, dal-roti or anything else. The good thing is - this pickle stays for years!
With this recipe you can pickle both kind of jalapenos - red and green.
Here is the recipe of this mouth-watering pickle.
Bhavnagari Chilies (Jalapeno) - 400 gm
Methi dana (Fenugreek seeds) - 1 tsp
Rai (Mustard seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin seeds) - 1 tsp
Haldi (Turmeric powder) - 1 tsp
Salt - 4 tbsp
Amchur Powder (Dried Mango Powder) - 4 tbsp
Dhania Powder (Corriander Powder) - 2 tbsp
Saunf Powder (Aniseed Powder) - 2 tbsp
Mustard Oil - 5oo ml
1. Wash and towel wipe all the jalapenos.
2. Slit the jalapenos lengthways on a side from the stalk to the tip, to create an opening for the filling.
3. Dry roast methidana, rai and jeera on a griddle or microwave high for 1 minute. Let it cool.
4. Grind the above three ingredients in mixer to get a coarse powder.
5. Mix the methi-rai-jeera powder with the rest of the spices.
6. Put a little mustard oil on the masala mixture to make a thick paste (make sure its not runny.)
7. Stuff the Jalapenos and brush a little masala mixture on the outer surface too.
8. Set these stuffed jalapenos in a clean-dry air-tight ceramic/glass jar.
9. Pour the left-over masala on the jalapenos in the end and fill the jar with mustard oil floating 2" above the stuffed jalapenos (excess oil is to avoid the jalapenos from fungal attack.)
10. Set aside for two months.
1. Use gloves if you can not handle the burning sensation of jalapenos.
2. Make sure all the jalapenos are completely immersed in the oil. Not even a smallest part get exposed to air.
3. To culture the pickle faster, keep it in sunlight daily for a few hours.
|bharwan mirch ka achar|