This dish is just perfect for your valentines day main course. Cook it and just wait to see that sweet smile on your valentine's face when he/she catches the first glance of your special preparation for the day :)
The added advantage of this paneer sabji is that its gravy is prepared using buttermilk i.e. its a low calorie recipe so you can have it without any guilt :D
Onion (medium size) - 1
Tomato (medium size) - 2
Paneer (cottage cheese) - 200 gm
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
Shahi Paneer Masala - 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder - 3/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Buttermilk - 1 Glass
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp (dissolved in 1/4 cup of water)
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to get 6-7 heart shaped paneer pieces. If the pieces are too thick, slice them horizontally too.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai/wok. Drizzle a few drops of oil and saute the paneer pieces till they get golden-red on both the sides. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Roughly chop onions and boil it (or microwave high for 4 min with 2 tbsp water).
- Cool and blend in a mixer to get a paste.
- In the same wok, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the boiled onion paste.
- Keep stirring. After 2 min add the pureed tomatoes to the wok.
- Add all the spices. Cook till the masala mixture leaves oil on the sides of wok.
- Add the cornflour paste and buttermilk. Stir well. Simmer the flame and cook for 5 min.
- Add the paneer pieces and cook for another 3 min on sim flame.
- Valentines Paneer dish is ready to serve!
Serve it hot with roti/paratha/naan.
Note : Do not cook on high flame after adding the buttermilk as it may curdle.